We Are Midtronics
We live our values: Curiosity. Leadership. Integrity. Partnership. We question the way things “have always been done” and create our own innovative solutions to meet tomorrow’s technologies head-on. It’s in our DNA.
A MESSAGE FROM MIDTRONICS FOUNDER & CEO
In reflecting on our growth and success since 1984, I am proud that Midtronics has remained committed to a core foundational philosophy and relentless focus on battery management.
From the beginning, I sought to build trust, collaboration, and teamwork and to create customer value with innovative technologies and exceptional service. I was also determined to put quality before profits and invest in people, ensuring the future of our business. We remain committed to the development of our core technologies that have changed the way the world maintains battery systems.
The continued success of Midtronics over the years is a testament to a team of people that has maintained these principles from our invention of the digital battery tester, the diagnostic battery charger, and electrical vehicle maintenance to information and analytics services developed to manage service programs for conventional cars as well as hybrids and EVs.
As the world is determined to reduce carbon emissions and improve vehicle safety, the rapid evolution of the transportation industry – from electrification and connectivity to autonomous vehicles — will present exciting challenges in the years ahead, creating more dependence on battery systems. Along with our customers around the world, Midtronics is a committed partner in developing superior battery management solutions to meet those challenges with creativity, enthusiasm, and skill.
We build strong, collaborative relationships that unlock great potential and unique value.
Midtronics founded by Steve McShane
Introduced PowerSensor line of conductance testers for SLI batteries
Introduced first battery tester designed for stationary batteries, beginning our stationary business
Established Midtronics b.v. European headquarters in The Netherlands
PowerSensor OC612A – first conductance tester able to test discharged batteries before charging
Ford USA PowerSensor Plus — first OEM essential tool
- PowerSensor Plus – the first conductance tester with automatic state of charge compensation for testing discharged batteries
- Micro390 – essential tool order from Ford Europe – invention of the warranty test code
- Micro400 – first digital battery conductance analyzer
- Micro500 – first hand-held battery and electrical system analyzer, including no amps required electrical testing
- Introduced MicroCelltron Stationary Power Analyzer in partnership with British Telecom – first stationary power product required for battery testing across the entire BT network
PowerLogic – first diagnostic charger for aftermarket retail use in partnership with Johnson Controls, Inc.
GR-1 – first diagnostic charger platform for service garage applications
- FGuard battery created in partnership with Furukawa batteries of Japan – first built-in conductance tester for an automotive battery
- ED-18 Early Detection Analyzer released in partnership with Interstate Battery Systems of America – first battery preventative maintenance tool
- Established Midtronics China, with headquarters in Shenzhen
- Midtronics Celltron Advanced Analyzer introduced, offering fast & easy analysis of large format telecom batteries
Celltron Ultra — first highly noise-immune battery analyzer for UPS application testing
EXP-1000 Expandable Electrical Diagnostic platform – innovations included dynamic conductance technology with deep scan, Digital Signal Processing alternator diagnostics, and conductance cable drop technology
GR8 Battery and Electrical Diagnostic Station – first created in partnership with Toyota USA; became an essential service tool at nearly every North American automotive dealership
Celltraq Enterprise Battery Asset Management System becomes the first monitoring/portable testing integrated data management tool for large battery deployments
First multi-frequency analyzer, the Celltron Max, introduced to stationary power operators as a tool for managing reserve batteries as well as generator starting batteries
- GRX-5000 EV Battery Module Diagnostic Station – first essential tool for an EV OEM, enabling cost-effective, module-level service on Nissan Leaf battery packs
- Midtronics Battery Management Information System (BMIS) – first data service platform
- HYB-1000 Hybrid Battery System Analyzer – first battery tester for Hybrid vehicles
- ED-18 V3 launched in partnership with Interstate Battery System of America — first use of cellular communications in a hand-held electrical system analyzer
GRX-5100 Hybrid/EV Battery Service Tool – first high-voltage Hybrid/EV vehicle battery service and de-power tool for various hybrid and electric vehicles; adopted as an essential tool by multiple OEMs
DSS-7000 Battery Diagnostic Service System introduces Conductance ProfilingTM to identify batteries with low reserve capacity, VIN-driven testing, full BMIS integration, and automated service applications via touch-screen tablet controller
DSS-5000 Battery Diagnostic Service System launched as next-generation DSS platform tool with support for automated over-the-air software updates and data analytics and a lightweight two-piece design with an ergonomic shape, size and grip easier to carry and hold
- MCC-070 Controlled Charger – flexible charging solution supports the multiple charging applications required by modern vehicles systems
- MSP-070 Power Supply Charger — low-profile power supply charger with adjustable voltages designed for showroom and service bay applications
- DCA-8000 Dynamic Diagnostic Charging System — next generation diagnostic charger featuring several key diagnostic advancements, including Conductance Profiling and Dynamic Charge Acceptance
- Midtronics sells stationary business to Franklin Electric to focus on the transportation industry
- Will Sampson named President
- CPX-900 Battery & Electrical System Analyzer features Conductance Profiling technology in a versatile one-piece design including bar code scanning, printing, and integrated infrared temperature sensor
Midtronics is focused on developing technologies to improve the way batteries are tested, charged and managed, making us the battery technology partner of choice for the world’s leading automobile and heavy truck manufacturers, vehicle service organizations, and battery manufacturers. Midtronics and our products have been consistently recognized for innovation and product design excellence, earning multiple industry awards.
CPX-900 Battery & Electrical System Analyzer
Midtronics is consistently ranked among the most innovative companies in the Chicago area, as recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business. The annual rankings — established in 2012 — are based on an analysis of issued patents, focused on key criteria including uniqueness of the patented ideas and likelihood of investment to develop and maintain them.
- 2012: #4
- 2013: #6
- 2014: #1
- 2015: #3
- 2016: #1
- 2017: #4