We Are Midtronics
We live our values: Curiosity. Leadership. Integrity. Partnership. We question the way things “have always been done” and create our own innovative solutions to meet tomorrow’s technologies head-on. It’s in our DNA.
A MESSAGE FROM MIDTRONICS FOUNDER & CEO
At Midtronics, our entire focus is developing and producing leading edge battery management equipment and services for the global automotive industry. We have now become the leading provider of equipment to service electric vehicles.
Midtronics was founded in 1984, and soon thereafter we acquired a battery testing technology from Motorola that allows a technician to diagnose the condition of a lead acid battery by measuring its electrical conductance. Working with customers and users around the world our engineering team invented the world’s first digital battery tester which has become the standard for automotive battery and electrical system testing. This led to the development of many successful new battery management products and services. Our advancements in testing, diagnostic charging, monitoring, and analytics have provided value across the entire battery lifecycle in automotive, heavy truck and motor sport industries.
The Midtronics brand has become synonymous with vehicle battery maintenance around the world. As the global leader in the industry, we have invented numerous advances in battery management that are covered by over 200 US patents as well as patents in Europe and Asia.
Since the introduction of electric vehicles, Midtronics has pioneered products that are used for the service and maintenance of lithium-ion batteries in hybrid and electric vehicles. Partnering with automotive manufacturers around the world, our maintenance equipment has become essential tools for dealers servicing EVs.
Our team listens to the needs of customers. Our curiosity fosters innovation. We are ready and committed to meet the needs of the automotive industry as the world transitions to electric vehicles.
Our future is electric!
Midtronics founded by Steve McShane
Introduced PowerSensor line of conductance testers for SLI batteries
Introduced first battery tester designed for stationary batteries, beginning our stationary business
Established Midtronics b.v. European headquarters in The Netherlands
PowerSensor OC612A – first conductance tester able to test discharged batteries before charging
Ford USA PowerSensor Plus — first OEM essential tool
- PowerSensor Plus – the first conductance tester with automatic state of charge compensation for testing discharged batteries
- Micro390 – essential tool order from Ford Europe – invention of the warranty test code
- Micro400 – first digital battery conductance analyzer
- Micro500 – first hand-held battery and electrical system analyzer, including no amps required electrical testing
- Introduced MicroCelltron Stationary Power Analyzer in partnership with British Telecom – first stationary power product required for battery testing across the entire BT network
PowerLogic – first diagnostic charger for aftermarket retail use in partnership with Johnson Controls, Inc.
GR-1 – first diagnostic charger platform for service garage applications
- FGuard battery created in partnership with Furukawa batteries of Japan – first built-in conductance tester for an automotive battery
- ED-18 Early Detection Analyzer released in partnership with Interstate Battery Systems of America – first battery preventative maintenance tool
- Established Midtronics China, with headquarters in Shenzhen
- Midtronics Celltron Advanced Analyzer introduced, offering fast & easy analysis of large format telecom batteries
Celltron Ultra — first highly noise-immune battery analyzer for UPS application testing
EXP-1000 Expandable Electrical Diagnostic platform – innovations included dynamic conductance technology with deep scan, Digital Signal Processing alternator diagnostics, and conductance cable drop technology
GR8 Battery and Electrical Diagnostic Station – first created in partnership with Toyota USA; became an essential service tool at nearly every North American automotive dealership
Celltraq Enterprise Battery Asset Management System becomes the first monitoring/portable testing integrated data management tool for large battery deployments
First multi-frequency analyzer, the Celltron Max, introduced to stationary power operators as a tool for managing reserve batteries as well as generator starting batteries
- GRX-5000 EV Battery Module Diagnostic Station – first essential tool for an EV OEM, enabling cost-effective, module-level service on Nissan Leaf battery packs
- Midtronics Battery Management Information System (BMIS) – first data service platform
- HYB-1000 Hybrid Battery System Analyzer – first battery tester for Hybrid vehicles
- ED-18 V3 launched in partnership with Interstate Battery System of America — first use of cellular communications in a hand-held electrical system analyzer
GRX-5100 Hybrid/EV Battery Service Tool – first high-voltage Hybrid/EV vehicle battery service and de-power tool for various hybrid and electric vehicles; adopted as an essential tool by multiple OEMs
DSS-7000 Battery Diagnostic Service System introduces Conductance ProfilingTM to identify batteries with low reserve capacity, VIN-driven testing, full BMIS integration, and automated service applications via touch-screen tablet controller
DSS-5000 Battery Diagnostic Service System launched as next-generation DSS platform tool with support for automated over-the-air software updates and data analytics and a lightweight two-piece design with an ergonomic shape, size and grip easier to carry and hold
- MCC-070 Controlled Charger – flexible charging solution supports the multiple charging applications required by modern vehicles systems
- MSP-070 Power Supply Charger — low-profile power supply charger with adjustable voltages designed for showroom and service bay applications
- DCA-8000 Dynamic Diagnostic Charging System — next generation diagnostic charger featuring several key diagnostic advancements, including Conductance Profiling and Dynamic Charge Acceptance
- Midtronics sells stationary business to Franklin Electric to focus on the transportation industry
- Will Sampson named President
- CPX-900 Battery & Electrical System Analyzer features Conductance Profiling technology in a versatile one-piece design including bar code scanning, printing, and integrated infrared temperature sensor
Midtronics is focused on developing technologies to improve the way batteries are tested, charged and managed, making us the battery technology partner of choice for the world’s leading automobile and heavy truck manufacturers, vehicle service organizations, and battery manufacturers. Midtronics and our products have been consistently recognized for innovation and product design excellence, earning multiple industry awards.
CPX-900 Battery & Electrical System Analyzer
Midtronics is consistently ranked among the most innovative companies in the Chicago area, as recognized by Crain’s Chicago Business. The annual rankings — established in 2012 — are based on an analysis of issued patents, focused on key criteria including uniqueness of the patented ideas and likelihood of investment to develop and maintain them.
- 2012: #4
- 2013: #6
- 2014: #1
- 2015: #3
- 2016: #1
- 2017: #4